Temporary reinforcement of an accountant following a reorganization
- Interim management
In an increasingly tight market, resource problems are not uncommon; long-term absence of an employee, occasional overload of work, early departure, recruitment difficulties, etc. The shortage of resources has increased in recent years, particularly for accounting profiles.
The replacement of an accountant can thus become a real headache for the company. The manager of the department will tend to spread the workload over the other members of the team, but this situation is not sustainable in the medium term and affects the motivation of the existing staff. The company can also use a temporary employment agency or a fixed-term contract, but the supervision of the person and the skills of the selected profile sometimes leave something to be desired.
A final solution that is particularly common in engineering and IT is the use of services. This solution provides a trained resource in the context of a client-supplier relationship. This makes it possible to offload the staffing, training and supervision of the selected collaborator.
It is in this context that we intervened in an energy company in order to ensure the replacement of the accounts payable for a period of 6 months.
Following the reorganisation of its activities, our client suffered from the departure of its supplier accountant. Not wishing to replace the employee due to the reorganisation underway, our client called on Altermès to carry out a transitional accounting assignment.
Scope of accounting assignment
- Management of the supplier invoice processing process (purchase accounting management: reception, allocation, entry, monitoring of deadlines and payment, filing and archiving)
- Audit of supplier accounting documents
- Expense report processing
- Analysis and justification of accounts within the framework of the accounting closing (fixed assets and depreciation, ageing balance, etc.)
- Management of tax returns
- Responses to CACs
- Review of compliance with internal controls associated with the purchasing validation process
Added value Altermès
The added value of Altermès is that we can offer real support to our employees on assignment. We are of course there to provide a framework and facilitate the start of the mission, but we also accompany our employees throughout their mission to give them the means to succeed.
- Kick-off meeting to frame the mission
- Weekly update during the first weeks of the mission in order to support the employee’s start-up
- Monthly meeting from the 2nd month of service to facilitate exchanges and address new challenges
- Handover point a few weeks before the employee leaves
- End-of-assignment meeting to provide feedback to the employee and ensure the quality of the handover
Return of the customer
Our client was very satisfied with our reactivity and the support of our collaborator. The mission was extended several times and the client recommended us for several other missions.
🧐 Interested in the service and want to learn more, it’s this way!
👆 You have or are going to have a staffing problem, contact us so that together we can find an adequate solution!