The best data visualization tools
The explosion of data in the enterprise is a real opportunity to reinvent the way we work. Their analysis facilitates decision making through the use of dashboards and reports. Data visualization tools are becoming more and more powerful to help us analyze this data. But before making your choice, it is advisable to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each of these solutions. We present you the must-haves:
Microsoft Power BI is highly recommended for Data Analytics. It is an intuitive platform with good ergonomics. It allows you to design parameterized dashboards and interactive graphics in a style that facilitates communication. Power BI can connect to a wide range ofdata sets and synthesize the information provided to it so that it can be better understood and assimilated. You will be able to work in a team on data science projects and perform queries in a simple language with graphically impeccable renderings. Power BI is becoming increasingly popular due to its integration with the Microsoft suite.
Power BI Highlights
- Power BI allows you to process large volumes of data.
- Machine learning capabilities analyze data and guide users in identifying trends.
- Since Power BI is cloud-based, the functions and algorithms are updated regularly.
- It has powerful customization capabilities that allow users to create dashboards to quickly access the information they need.
- Alerts can be configured on key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Power BI has an intuitive interface that makes it user-friendly and easy to use.
- The platform integrates with other popular business management tools like SharePoint, Office 365 as well as other non-Microsoft products like Salesforce, Hadoop and Google Analytics.
- Power BI ensures data security by providing granular controls over accessibility.
From 8,40 € for the Pro version and 16,80€ for the premium version
If there is a timeless classic in terms of data visualization, it is the Tableau tool. It ensures very good data mining and provides all the business intelligence (BI) functionality you will need in your business. It is also known for its flexibility and its ability to generate exceptional graphic representations. With an intuitive interface, Tableau makes it easy to manipulate banks and datasets.
Highlights of Tableau Software
- The quality of data visualization and the speed of processing of the Tableau tool are superior to what the competition offers;
- No programming knowledge is required for you to use Tableau. You will be able to create eye-catching graphs from the data with the drag and drop function;
- Tableau can connect to hundreds of data sources like Google Analytics & Google Sheets, PDF files and Dropbox, without the need for programming;
- Tableau is designed so that you can share sensitive information and collaborate securely;
- Tableau allows you to design, customize, and publish dashboards suitable for desktops, phones, and tablets.
From $35 / month / user (30€) for the Explorer version and $70 (60€) / month / user for the Creator version
A Viewer version at 12$ / month / user is also available
Equally popular, Infogram is the data visualization solution for data analysts in marketing and finance. This computer program is particularly suitable for computer graphics or slide presentations. It has a drag-and-drop option that makes it easy to work with. In addition, it allows the creation of graphics, the construction of sophisticated maps and the creation of reports.
- It has a library of ready-to-use templates that will help you launch your visualizations with a neat graphic design.
- Infogram lets you create interactive, data-driven experiences that engage your audience without writing any code. Its drag-and-drop editor and easy data integrations simplify the data visualization process.
- Interactive content, including animations, graphics and maps, will enhance your communication.
- The platform allows teams to collaborate in real time, creating a centralized library where users can work together to create, edit and publish projects.
- The platform provides metrics and information on how viewers interact with the graphics. This will help you measure the effectiveness of your communications.
From $19 / month / user (16€) for the Pro version and $67 (57€) / month / user for the Business version
A free version is also available to get started with the tool
QlikSense is suitable for the management and analysis of massive data or Big Data. It is widely used in large financial institutions. With QlickSens, you can synthesize your raw data into statistics toidentify trends related to your business. Thisdata analysis and visualization tool will help you make strategic decisions.
- QilkSense has features that allow users to ask questions and get visual answers.
- Drag-and-drop capabilities will allow you to easily create dashboards and reports without the need for scripts, complex queries or joins.
- QlikSense serves as a central location to develop and share applications, data analysis and information quickly and efficiently.
- You can unify disparate data sources on a single platform. In addition, when you manipulate views and dimensions, irrelevant data is “grayed out” instead of being ignored. This allows you to discover hidden trends.
- QlikSense enables you to create simple visualizations that respond instantly to changes in data dimensions and context.
- QlikSense adapts to all your devices, desktop, tablet or smartphone.
From $30 / month / user (€25) for the Business version
Looker has a large library of data representation models. As the forerunner of a new wave of data visualization tools, it can be used without any prior learning or training. This software is designed with innovative data mining features for all sizes of businesses. However, it is possible to design your own analytical modules using SQL.
- Looker is extremely easy to use. You don’t have to be an experienced data analyst or have knowledge of SQL to manage workflows from this tool. The platform also includes self-service features such as filtering, pivoting and creating visualizations and dashboards.
- Looker enables and streamlines collaboration between users. The application is accessible from any browser and on all your mobile devices. This facilitates collaboration and remote working.
- You can explore the data with the self-service feature and then refine the automatically generated visualizations. It makes it easy to create customized dashboards to reflect your company’s key performance indicators;
- It creates live connections to over 35 SQL databases through a virtual query schema. Data visualizations are secure and updated in real time.
Prices only available on quotation
Zoho Analytics is a drag-and-drop data analysis and visualization tool designed specifically for users who want to visualize business and financial information. It is a self-service tool for viewing information related to sales, marketing, profit, revenue and cost through cross-functional dashboards. It allows you to manipulate and report on large amounts of raw data. Zoho is equipped with artificial intelligence (AI). This allows you to formulate queries whose results will be returned in the form of reports.
Highlights of Zoho Analytics
- Zoho Analytics offers an extensive library of visualization types and allows you to create dashboards. It also allows you to merge multiple reports into a single dashboard to better understand key data trends.
- It also provides geographic visualizations that make it easy to compare regions.
- Zoho Analytics integrates with other solutions: CRM, ERP or others.
- The platform’s scalable and extensible architecture allows for the creation and integration of analytics into applications of any size.
- You can develop a 360-degree view of your organization by mixing different types and sources of data, including external sources, into a single database.
From 24 € / month / user for the Basic version and 48 € / month / user for the Standard version
Dundas BI is a data visualization and business intelligence platform for large enterprises. It is an easy-to-use tool that allows any user to create interactive data visualizations and engaging dashboards. Dundas BI can be integrated with your existing applications. This is an asset for companies that want to enhance their existing tools with better data visualization and analysis capabilities. Fully scalable, Dundas BI centralizes all of your business data so you can produce interactive reports and dashboards to guide strategic decision making.
- It allows you to collect data from different data sources and generate intuitive data visualizations. This will allow you to analyze data, identify patterns and predict trends in your business.
- Dundas BI helps you create reports tailored to your needs by leveraging built-in formulas or using drag-and-drop functionality.
- With Dundas BI, you can recover lost work. Quickly restore recently or accidentally deleted dashboards, reports, folders and files to the recycle bin with automatic backup.
- It improves employee productivity and ensures data security by designing, scheduling and distributing business emails from templates on the platform.
- You can access and publish your data from any browser.
Prices only available on quotation
The choice of one or the other of these tools depends largely on the objective. Your choice should take into account versatility, deployment costs, data processing capacity, adaptability and the type of package offered by the various publishers. One thing is for sure, if you are still working in Excel, it’s time to step up a gear with a data visualization solution.
👆 Learn more about data analytics here!
👆 Contact us to discuss your issues, it’s this way!